Belsky Weinberg & Horowitz, LLC A Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation Law Firm

Workers Compensation Information

When an injury occurs at work, an insurance company may pay your medical bills or lost time without aworkers' compensation claim having been filed with the Workers' Compensation Commission. Therefore, the question that is frequently asked, is why should an injured worker file a claim with the Workers' Compensation Commission. The answer to this question lies more in the future then the present.

Under Maryland law, once a claim is filed with the Workers' Compensation Commission (as opposed to the filing of a claim with the insurance company), and it is accepted as compensable, an injured worker has the right to lifetime medical treatment at the expense of the employer/insurer so long as the treatment is reasonable, necessary and related to your accident at work. Furthermore, this right to medical treatment continues even if you stop working for the employer who employed you at the time of the accident or even if you simply retire.

In addition to the right to medical treatment, once you are discharged from medical treatment as a result of your accident, you may be entitled to receive a monetary award for any permanent disability you sustain as a result of your accident. You may be eligible for this benefit regardless of the fact that you return to the same job that you were performing prior to your injury.

Additionally, even if you have no permanent disability as a result of your injury, but you do have some type of scarring, you are entitled to a monetary award for the permanent scarring.

Most important however, is that to be guaranteed the benefits discussed, an employee's claim form must be filed with the Workers' Compensation Commission within two years from the date of your accident (with some limited exceptions) or you will forever lose your right to claim workers' compensation benefits.

Clearly the process of filing a workers' compensation claim is a complicated legal matter that is substantially easier with the assistance of an attorney who has experience in this area of law.

Accordingly, if you have been injured at work, please contact Mr. Horowitz who has been practicing workers' compensation law since 1982.

Mr. Horowitz may be reached by telephone at 800-895-5333, 410-234-0100 or via e-mail at [email protected]

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy