At Belsky, Weinberg & Horowitz, our lawyers are committed to taking an active role in fighting for the legal rights of our clients and their families. We believe in never hesitating to step into the ring and fight when necessary. We take that same approach when we give back to our local and nationwide communities.
When it comes to the future of our nation, we recognize the fact that students hold the power to change the nation– and world– for the better. College students will pave the way to the next generation, and they must be prepared to step into the ring and rise to the challenge. To accept this challenge, a strong educational background is crucial. We want to help make it easier for students to rise to that challenge.
Our law firm is proud to announce that we’re now offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to college students who are starting their first year of college. This scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate U.S. students.
The first submission period is for Fall 2019. Applications are due by Friday, July 12th, 2019 at the end of the day.
The following guidelines apply:
- Students must be attending their first year of college or planning to attend their first year of college in the upcoming semester in order to apply.
- Students must be living in the U.S. or have a U.S. mailing address at the time of submitting your application to us.
- Students can be attending any college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- All majors/plans of study are eligible to apply.
To apply, you must submit by email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A digital copy (PDF or JPG/PNG screenshot, etc.) of your acceptance letter verifying your first-year status. The letter must have the college letterhead or logo on it.
- A unique, completed essay on the topic below.
- Some brief information about yourself in the body of the email, including your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school.
The subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2019 Scholarship” (Example: Hermione Granger Fall 2019 Scholarship”).
All applicants will need to write and attach an essay on the following topic to be eligible for the scholarship. The essay needs to be 500+ words. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. By submitting your essay to us, you agree that we may post the winning essay on our blog.
Topic is as follows:
If you could change one event in U.S. history, what would it be and why?
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications and questions to email@example.com.
We look forward to reading your applications!