At Belsky, Weinberg & Horowitz, our lawyers are committed to taking an active role in fighting for the legal rights of our clients and their families. We believe in never hesitating to step into the ring and fight when necessary. We take that same approach when we give back to our local and nationwide communities.
When it comes to the future of our nation, we recognize the fact that students hold the power to change the nation– and world– for the better. College students will pave the way to the next generation, and they must be prepared to step into the ring and rise to the challenge. To accept this challenge, a strong educational background is crucial. We want to help make it easier for students to rise to that challenge.
Our law firm is proud to announce that we’re offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to college students who are starting their first year of college. We first started the scholarship in 2019. Undergraduate and graduate students can both apply.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2020. Applications are due by Friday, July 17th, 2020 at the end of the day (on or before 11:59 PM EST).
The following guidelines apply:
- Students must be attending their first year of college or planning to attend their first year of college in the upcoming semester.
- Students must be living in the U.S. or have a U.S. mailing address at the time of submitting your application to us.
- Students can be attending any college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- All majors/plans of study are eligible to apply.
To apply, you must submit by email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A digital copy (PDF or JPG/PNG screenshot or photo) of your acceptance letter verifying your first-year status. The letter should have the college letterhead or logo on it. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first set of courses. Essentially, we need to see proof that you’re a first-year student.
- A unique, completed essay on the topic below.
- Some brief information about yourself in the body of the email, including your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school.
The subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2020 Scholarship” (Example: Hermione Granger Fall 2020 Scholarship”).
All applicants will need to write and attach an essay on the following topic to be eligible for the scholarship. The essay needs to be 500+ words. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. By submitting your essay to us, you agree that we may post the winning essay on our blog.
Topic is as follows:
If you could ask a person one question– alive or dead– and receive a 100% honest answer, what would that question be and why?
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending!
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications to email@example.com.
Remember, all applications are due by Friday, July 17th, 2020 at the end of the day (on or before 11:59 PM EST)!
We look forward to reading your applications!
List of Past Winners
Fall 2019: Andrew Laeuger of WI – Read Andrew’s essay