Medical malpractice cases are highly complex from both a medical and legal standpoint. The attorney you choose to represent your interests in your case is important, and at Belsky Weinberg & Horowitz, LLC, we have the skills and trial experience to represent your interests.
For years, our attorneys have been representing victims of medical malpractice in the Baltimore area and statewide Maryland. We stand up for people who have been seriously injured as the result of the negligence of medical professionals and hospitals. Our legal skills and in-depth knowledge of the law help us to get positive settlements on our clients' behalf.
Do you have a case? Call 410-344-7380 or 800-266-4732.
We extend free initial consultations and case evaluations. In fact, our firm bears all the costs of bringing a lawsuit — you pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation.
Broad Experience And Success In Medical Negligence Cases
Our legal team has obtained many malpractice verdicts and settlements through the years. We commonly handle the following types of cases:
- Birth injuries, including Erb's palsy and cerebral palsy
- Surgery errors and anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room malpractice
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis of cancer
- Failure to diagnose heart attack, stroke and other acute conditions
- Communication errors by doctors and lab technicians
- Medication errors by pharmacies, doctors and hospitals
- Patient falls and drops in hospitals
Other Forms Of Medical Malpractice
Belsky Weinberg & Horowitz, LLC, welcomes tough cases and unorthodox claims. We will explore possible claims for:
- Chiropractor malpractice — A chiropractor or homeopath might be sued for making a pre-existing condition worse. For example, overly aggressive spinal manipulation can result in vertebrae fractures, herniated disk, spinal stenosis, paralysis, induced stroke, or complications of pinched arteries or nerves. Chiropractors may be liable for malpractice for failure to diagnose medical conditions or to refer a patient to a specialist.
- EMT or First Responder error — Emergency personnel have some immunity from lawsuits for good faith efforts to revive a patient or treat critical wounds. However, they can be sued for professional negligence for failing to act — not responding to a call or failing to transport a patient who subsequently dies.
- Wrongful birth — Obstetricians (OB-GYNs) can be accountable for failing to conduct prenatal testing or failing to advise clients of genetic abnormalities or high-risk pregnancies, if the baby is born with chromosomal disorders or profound developmental disabilities. Parents can be compensated for the astronomical costs of care and the emotional trauma.
- Transplant surgery — Surgeons and internal medicine physicians may be liable for transplantation errors that result in rejection of the organ and subsequent health problems or death. Was the organ incompatible? Was the donor a poor candidate?
- Equipment failure — The hospital and perhaps the manufacturer or supplier may be liable for malfunctions and accidents stemming from old, broken or substandard machines and equipment, such as a gurney that collapses, an X-ray machine that falls off the wall or an ungrounded pad that shocks or burns the patient.
- Dental malpractice — You can't sue for a painful root canal, but you may have a claim if a dentist breaks a healthy tooth, damages the jaw bone or causes nerve damage or disfigurement.
This is not an exhaustive list of the cases we have handled. If you believe that a medical provider botched your care or caused a serious and preventable injury, let us evaluate your possible lawsuit at no cost to you.
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Our attorneys are qualified to handle even the most complex medical malpractice cases because of their legal knowledge, knowledge of specific injuries and what types of treatment are necessary for recovery. We help secure benefits and compensation so our clients are able to get the immediate and long-term care necessary for their injuries.
We can meet new clients at any of our Maryland office locations. Please contact us through our online form or call 410-344-7380 or 800-266-4732 to book your free consultation. We serve clients throughout the Baltimore area.